1. How many pairs of stations can simultaneously communicate on Ethernet LAN ?
2. A modem that is attached to the telephone system by jamming the phone's handset into two flexible receptacles in the coupler ?
b. time-divison multiplexer
c. acoustic coupler
3. Which of the following allows devices on one network to communicate with devices on another network ?
4. A station in a network forwards incoming packets by placing them on its shortest output queue. What routing algorithm is being used ?
b. hot potato routing
c. static routing
d. delta routing
5. The communication mode that supports data in both directions at the same time is
6. Modulation is the process of
a. sending a file from one computer to another computer
b. converting digital signals to analog signals
c. converting analog signals to digital signals
d. echoing every character that is received
7. The signal to noise ratio for a voice grade line is 30.1 db or a power ration of 1023:1. The maximum achievable data rate on this line whose spectrum ranges from 300 Hz to 4300 Hz is
a. 6200 bps b. 34000 bps
c. 9600 bps d. 31000 bps
8. Which of the following is used for modulation and demodulation ?
9. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend is as a terminal is
d. terminal emulation
10. Which of the following refers to the terms "residual error rate" ?
a. the number of bit error per twenty four hours of continuous operation on an asynchronus line
b. the probability that one or more errors will be undetected when an error detection scheme is used
c. the probability that one or more errors will be detected when an error detection mechanism is used
d. signal to noise ratio divided by the ratio of energy per bit to noise per hertz
Bing Advertising Free Credit $112
8 months ago